Within healthcare, protected health information (PHI) is the cornerstone of patient trust and the foundation of patient safety. Unfortunately, PHI is difficult to protect and at the center of malicious cyberattacks. Healthcare has a multitude of data security software tools and defensive strategies in place, but they fall short in securing healthcare’s uniquely complex infrastructure. Further, with the advent of the COVID-19 crisis and more remote care, the patient data “attack surface” has increased exponentially. The need for what we are building has never been greater.
Tausight has created a breakthrough, multi-patented technology platform that will change how to best protect patient’s personal healthcare information. We are developing a sophisticated, actionable information architecture that will enable a superior user experience designed to better protect PHI. Powered by proprietary machine-learning algorithms, patented IoT sensing technology, and the Google Cloud DevOps platform, Tausight is reimagining how to enable healthcare CIOs and CISOs to make real-time decisions to protect PHI…much of which they can’t even see today.
As a full stack developer with emphasis on database engineering, you will work on a product that extracts data streams from complex healthcare provider environments, processes and analyzes these streams for useful insight, and feeds this back to our clients via a web application. You will own major components of this stack and be responsible for their performance, scalability, and reliability.
We strongly believe that Tausight is an exciting place to be, at an exciting time, and the best time to join our growing team is right now.
APPLY TO THIS POSITION
What You Will Do:
- Design, implement, test, and scale major components of our data processing pipeline
- Develop user-facing features for our Web UI application
- Work closely with product teams implementing wireframes and feedback into high quality code
- Be proactive as a developer who builds testable, resilient software
- Effectively use tools and ingenuity to identify and fix defects
What You Need:
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Understand engineering tradeoffs, valuing pragmatism over idealism.
- Analytical approach coupled with strong communication skills
- Shares the values of ownership, diversity of thought, and empathy for our users and coworkers
Nice to Have:
- MS in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., Mathematics)
- Experience maintaining and debugging distributed systems in production environments
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform technologies such as Pub/Sub, Dataflow, Datastore, BigQuery, or Kubernetes
- Experience with Node, React, or GraphQL
- Experience with CI/CD and testing automation frameworks
- Data security is one of the fastest growing segments of the $3 trillion healthcare industry
- Already backed by two leading healthcare technology VCs, Flare Capital and Polaris Partners
- Cutting-edge platform, Google-powered streaming analytics, and novel predictive intelligence
- Highly experienced team to learn from and to help develop your personal growth
- Unlimited vacation; company holidays; medical/dental/eyecare
- Stock options - early is the best time to get them
- We work remotely. Already committed to remain this way through at least July 2021
We will not tolerate ageism, racism, gender or sexual harassment, or any form of discrimination within our business operations or places of work. To be abundantly clear, we are committed to diversity, equity and belonging within our culture and across our company. We believe in:
- DIVERSITY - Our organization will be stronger and more resilient when we encompass a variety of experiences, opinions, and backgrounds. We will aim for a Tausight community of employees, board members, advisors, and partners that resembles the broader and far more diverse socio-economic and global world that we live in. Specifically, we will grow into a team of passionate, healthcare-dedicated individuals that span age, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, and race.
- EQUITY - We will work toward fair outcomes for people and groups by treating them in ways that address their unique advantages or barriers.
- BELONGING - All members of our community will feel equally valued and their voices and points of view are to be heard and respected. We will take deliberate actions to cultivate an atmosphere where all employees feel included, can contribute, and thrive.
APPLY TO THIS POSITION